The Handbag Lady on Facebook

Follow The Handbag Lady on Facebook

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fabric delights!




I have been spending a lot of time trying to preserve fabric on my buttons and brooches lately. Overtime fabric brooches can fade or get dirty and then they loose their glamour ( especially if you are like me and wear them to death!). You can't wash them because of the backings or some fabrics are too delicate and don't take to soap and water well - so spot cleaning is out.

Over the past few weeks I have been playing with resin on fabric to help it sustain it's beauty. While some fabrics do not respond to the resin well others just look so yummy they seemed like much more than brooches! Finally I am very happy to show my lastest success! As you can see this necklace is just stunning and so romantic - it reminds me of the victorian era.

I have a few of these for sale at the Bowerbird Cafe ( see Hazel 199 Bilsen Road Wavell Heights) but will be placing some on Etsy next week.

I just couldn't wait to share! Hope you all have an amazing weekend!

Eryn

No comments:

Post a Comment